What does the law require regarding Safety Statements?
Every employer is required to manage safety and health at work so as to prevent accidents and ill-health. The Safety, Health and Welfare at Work Act 2005 requires employers to:
Identify the hazards
Carry out a Risk Assessment
Prepare a written Safety Statement
This process has a practical purpose. It will help employers and other duty holders to manage employees’ safety and health, and get the balance right between the size of any safety and health problems and what has to be done about them. This is because the system must be risk-based. The required safety measures must be proportionate to the real risks involved and must be adequate to eliminate, control or minimise the risk of injury. The system must involve consultation between the employer and his/her employees, who are required by law to cooperate with the employer in the safety-management process.
What is a Safety Statement?
Section 20 of the Safety, Health and Welfare at Work Act 2005 requires that an organisation produce a written programme to safeguard:
- the safety and health of employees while they work
- the safety and health of other people who might be at the workplace, including customers, visitors and members of the public
- A fully completed, industry-specific Safety Statement completed by an experienced IOSH Corporate member.
- Hazard and Risk Assessments common to your specific industry
- A selection of compliance and record templates e.g.: First Aid Records Form, Safety Induction Form, PPE Records Form and Safety Audit Form.
- Fully compliant with the most recent Irish and EU legislation and industry best practice.
- Your document retained on our secure server
- Emailed copies issued to you or your designated recipient on request.
- Notification of future legislative changes direct to your email inbox
To find out more about Corribview Safety Services Ltd. Safety Statement Services
- Contact us at any of the numbers listed below or using the Contact Form
- A member of our team will get back to you to discuss your requirements further
" YOUR SYSTEMS, OUR EXPERTISE "
Bespoke Health & Safety Solutions for your Organisation
SLIEVEROE, HEADFORD, CO. GALWAY, H91 DH5N, IRELAND.
t: 083 8683953 e: firstname.lastname@example.org