First Aid Responder (FAR)
The First Aid Response Course aims to produce highly confident First Aiders with the skills and knowledge to
provide care until arrival of emergency services. The course is focused on practical skills and scenario training,
this is backed up with the theory sessions to provide the solid foundation of knowledge and understanding.
• A replacement for QQI Occupational First Aid
• Recognised by Health & Safety Authority from 1st November 2016
• Meets all the requirements of the current Health & Safety Standards and requirements for employee training.
• Develops a preventative approach to accidents and incidents within the workplace.
On completion of the First Aid Responder course participants will have the skills to:
• Deal with life threatening or potentially life threatening conditions in the pre-hospital environment until arrival of emergency medical services.
• Provide First Aid Response for conditions not thought to be life-threatening but are necessary to prevent
further harm before the emergency medical services arrive.
• Provide pre-hospital First Aid Response in a wide range of environments including home and recreational settings.
• Display the requisite personal skills including composure, competence and self-confidence while understanding their limitations.
Who Should Attend:
Anyone with a responsibility for first aid activities during their working day.
Participants per course:
Maximum of 8 participants
The student instructor ratio is 8:1
– Incident management
– Cardiac emergencies
– Patient Assessment
– Injury management & Shock
– Care of Unconscious Patient
– Burns & Electrical injuries
– Common Medical emergencies
– Adult C.P.R. & AED
– Infant C.P.R & AED
QQI First Aid Certificate (Quality and Qualifications Ireland)
Please contact a member of the Corribview Safety Services Ltd. team for prices by simply using the Contact Us page on the website.
" YOUR SYSTEMS, OUR EXPERTISE "
Bespoke Health & Safety Solutions for your Organisation
SLIEVEROE, HEADFORD, CO. GALWAY, H91 DH5N, IRELAND.
t: 083 8683953 e: firstname.lastname@example.org